Powered by Blogger.

Home

Meeting your wedding planner, Russell? Brand gets spiritual with his Krishna guru ahead of his Indian nuptials

Saturday, October 16, 2010

By GEORGINA LITTLEJOHN

Peace and love: Russell Brand, with a lei around his neck, meets with his spiritual guru Radhanath Swami in Los Angeles yesterday


It is expected to be the celebrity wedding of the year when Katy Perry and Russell Brand tie the knot in India later this month.

So with all eyes on the couple in the run-up to the big day, it's little wonder that the comedian sought some spiritual guidance - and possibly wedding day advice - from his Krishna guru.

Brand, 35, was snapped outside NPR - National Public Radio - in Los Angeles yesterday with Gaudiya Vaishnava guru Radhanath Swami.

The 49-year-old guru met up with Brand as he appeared on radio to talk about his book, The Journey Home: Autobiography of an American Swami, which has just been published as a paper back.

It certainly proved to be an interesting read for one man who was engrossed in the book as he, Radhanath Swami and Brand stood outside the station.

Radhanath Swami has been providing the star with spiritual guidance for the past two years.


A good read then? An unidentified man is engrossed in Radhanath Swami's book as the guru chatted to Brand


Earlier this year, after a meeting with Swami, Brand gushed to The Times about his guru.

He said: 'He's a beautiful fellow. He's got the answer. I'm a spiritual gent and increasingly that's the level I want to vibrate on, were it not for my crazed lust for sex and glamour.'

On another occasion The Times reported him as saying: 'I met this swami, and I said, "I’m a bit ridden with egotism and ambition, I’m riddled with it, I’m alive with it, I’m crawling with the stuff."

He said, "Don’t worry. It’s a gift from God. Use it in the service of God." Except he said Krishna but I’m anglicising it to make it sound less oooooeeee.'



Flower power: Brand still wore the Hawaiian lei round his neck as he headed into LAX airport to catch a flight to London


After his meeting with Swami, Brand headed to Los Angeles LAX Airport to catch a flight to London.

Brand, who was still wearing his Hawaiian lei round his neck, was headed to the UK to see fiancée Katy Perry perform on The X Factor tonight.

The couple are expected to wed at the Taj Rambagh Palace, the same romantic hotel where they got engaged on New Year's Eve.

Close friends of the couple, including Rihanna, Jonathan Ross, Noel Gallagher and David Walliams, are expected to make their way to India for the wedding ceremony on Saturday October 23.


Camera shy: Katy Perry hid her face as she arrived in London this morning


source :dailymail

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP