Powered by Blogger.

Home

Melissa and the Mad Man – Feig confirms he’s working on comedy for Melissa McCarthy and Jon Hamm

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bridesmaids director Paul Feig has exclusively confirmed with Movie Mazzupial that his new comedy is for Melissa McCarthy and Mad Men’s Jon Hamm (above). At least, so he hopes. I just finished up a phone interview with Feig less than an hour ago and the man himself has confirmed the news. When asked about his next project and what he could tell us, Feig had this to say:

“Well, it was supposed to be under wraps and then I got up this morning and saw on Deadline that I was developing it with Mel and Jon and was like `oh well, okay.’ They’re not officially attached yet, but that they’re my inspiration. I'm writing it for them and it’s purely speculative . . .but true. If I could do it with them that would be perfect, but it could be other actors if they’re not available."

Feig went on to say the unnamed comedy is indeed an unconventional love story and that he’s already sold it to Universal, with Apatow attached to produce. Feig will write and direct. The Freaks and Geeks co-creator went on to say he’s a big fan of Cary Grant and old Hollywood comedies, hence his love of Hamm.
“That’s why I love working with Hamm, he’s like the new Cary Grant."


Stay tuned for my full interview with Feig tomorrow. Bridesmaids is currently screening.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP