Powered by Blogger.

Home

Disney + Marvel = zombies

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Don’t question my headline, it’s true. Well, if your legendary illustrator Jeffrey Thomas that is. Since the big buy up a few months ago (when Disney purchased Marvel) it was only a matter of time before someone did a Disney Marvel mash-up. I personally didn’t think it would end up this awesome as Thomas has posted a seriously brilliant collection of Disney Princesses; zombified. I believe the official title is Twisted Princess but whatever. Check them out below.










My favourite is his take on Pocahontas, though the Snow White and Cinderalla are quite spectacular also. You can check out more of Thomas’ artwork on his blog The Art Of Jeffrey Thomas. While we’re on the topic of Disney, I’m so excited to hear they’re making a return to the beautiful 2D animated films they became renowned for. In January 2010 they’re releasing their version of The Princess And The Frog and you can check out the trailer below . . .it gave me goosebumps.





Disney are also busy finishing up work on Rapunzel, which is scheduled for release in January 2011 for us Aussies. The concept art looks positively magically and you can judge for yourself below.





Something stirred inside me when I heard about Disney making a return to 2D animation, after all, it’s what they do best. More than that, I grew up watching Disney animated movies and they’re a treasured, magical part of my childhood. Yeah, yeah not everyone enjoys getting lost in the fairytales, the gorgeous animation or musical numbers but I like to think there’s a large number or people who do. I get a lil’ warm and fuzzy knowing that even though I’m all grown up now *cough millions of other little girls will get to experience the magic (yes, I said it – magic) of Disney.


By popular vote I will go slap myself in the face now.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP