Powered by Blogger.

Home

January read

Monday, January 31, 2011

As you may recall, at the end of last year I shared my 2010 reading list after achieving my resolution to read more. The young Martha Stewart over at Kat’s Creations has spurred me to keep going this year and so each month we’re publishing our what-we-read lists. Here’s mine for January, in all its assorted goodness. So, these are the first titles to be added to my 2011 reading list and yes, I've included graphic novels in here. I want to try and read more `classics' this year so I'm throwing one in every three or four reads. This month it was 1984, which was pretty grey albeit genuis right up until the last sixth of the book, and Jane Eyre, which I loved and is now one of my all time favourites. My favourite on the list though is probably the Tiny Book Of Tiny Stories from the collaborative crew at HitRECord.Org. It’s such a beautiful, clever and touching little book I can’t really do it justice in this explanation, but basically it’s made up of one sentence stories with accompanying artwork all submitted by various Hit RECord contributors. You can order it online here. My other favourite was The Bone Collector. Of course I loved the film, however, I’ve been repeatedly told Jeffery Deaver is an amazing crime writer and keen to judge for myself. The praise did not disappoint. It was complex, gory, suspenseful and very smart. I also finally started working my way through some of Richelle Mead’s other works thanks to her numero uno fan at Tynga's Reviews but I wasn't overly into Storm Queen. It was okay, not great, with too many plot holes and fantasy clichés.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP