Powered by Blogger.

Home

Favourite Movie Friday with Jason Byrne

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tweens, listen up; fuck Justin Bieber. The only male you need to be throwing your panties at with the initials J B is Jason Byrne. Erm, actually the Irish comedian has a wife and two kids, so maybe lower your panty throwing arm. However, my point remains – Jason Byrne is awesome. I interviewed him earlier this year ahead of a 10-week Australia tour and I swear, I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much in an interview. I’ve been a fan of his stand-up for years and it’s nice to know he’s a natural talent; his hilariousness isn’t the result of an overly-produced, strategic collection of jokes. Of course we talked favourite movies and below is his eclectic rant on his most beloved films. Go on, try to resist laughing-out-loud when you read this, I dare ya.

"Probably my first favourite move was Indiana Jones: Raiders of The Lost Ark. I would come from home school at lunchtime and watch the bulk of that movie and a friend would do the German and I would do the English dialogue. He didn’t know what he was saying but he would say all the German words. Now he’s a WWII memrobilia collector, how weird is that? If I walk by the tele and Jaws is on I’ll watch it and the same goes with the James Bond movies. I like evil movies, like The Exorcist and my favourite program is Dexter at the moment. I met the writer Jeff Lindsay on Adam Hills’ show (Gordon St Tonight) and I nearly shat myself. I love anything dark like that or action/adventure. I even like black and white English movies, like Breakfast At Tiffany’s, that kind of shit. I love the way they talk “oh, look at the sun.” I love Ladykillers and Peter Sellers movies.

Now, what’s something I’ve seen recently? The last thing I saw on the plane was Eclipse (The Twilight Saga). I had to watch it and see what the fuck it’s about. It’s not complete shit, there’s enough killing and stabbing for me but it was the sitting in the daisies saying “I know what I want, I want to be a vampire” that got me (pissed). You’re 17, you don’t know what you fucking want, now get your ass home! If I was 17 my mother would have never let me be a vampire. I watched Will Ferrell’s The Other Guys too, that was very fucking funny."

So, if that didn’t convince you he’s the greatest human being ever, maybe the fact the fact he had an outburst in the middle of the interview to say “Fuck! The fucking air-con in this country, it’s fucking ridiculous!” will. Byrne is coming to the big screen later this year in Killing Bono with Ben Barnes, Krysten Ritter and the late Pete Postlewaite and stay posted for an exclusive chat about that.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP