Powered by Blogger.

Home

What ever happened to Keira Knightley?

Friday, October 31, 2008

What happened to her? Where did she go?
Can someone please tell me where this once exciting, bubbly actress went because if I have to see her in another period drama I’m going to slaughter a kitten. Or a baby Panda. I haven’t decided which would be more powerful for dramatic affect but you can rest assured I will maim a cute animal. Seriously, this chick used to have metaphorical balls and take on some adventurous roles but now . . . . now she has done more period pieces than Jessica Simpson has done shit comedies, and that's a lot! Keira first bounced on to our screens as feisty soccer player Juliette `Jules' Paxton in the 2002 smash Bend it like Beckham. She followed that promising break through performance with the uber-successful Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl and action flick King Arthur. She then tried her chops at character acting in The Jacket which was a critical success and made a return to comedy in the brilliant Love Actually. In one of my favourite Keira roles she went against the Hollywood-pretty-girl grain and took on a hard-hitting action bitch lead in Domino. From there my friends it is a sad, sad tale as she plummeted faster than Kevin Rudd’s popularity in to tired period dramas. Sigh. I’m bored already.
It started with Pride and Prejudice . . . . .
. . . . then Atonement . . . .
. . . . . then Silk . . . .
. . . .then The Edge of Love . . .
. . . .and now The Duchess.
Come on Keira! I know letting yourself get typecast in a period roles earned you an Oscar nomination at the age of 19 (impressive) but I honestly thought you’d just shag Mr. Darcy once and then get on to building an interesting, exciting career. Get your ringleted head in the game.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP