Powered by Blogger.

Home

World of Payne

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

So, the count down for the new Mark Wahlberg film is over. I would like to think I wasn't the only one crossing off days on the calendar but, odds are, I probably am. His latest flick Max Payne opens globally tomorrow (let me here you say `whoop whoop'). Max Payne news has featured heavily on this blog so I'm not going to bore you by going over the same ol' stuff. What I will say is I'm a little heartbroken at two early reviews for the film which have both given it one star out of five. One star! The fact Wahlberg is in the movie means it should automatically get two stars! The reviews appeared in the Sunday Mail and Empire Magazine online and in summary said the film maintains the low-standard of video game to film adaptions. My dream of an awesome action movie hasn't been completley shattered (yet) with majority of critics only being able to view the film tomorrow. A general consensus on Rotten Tomatoes hasn't been calculated due to no reviews being posted....so there's still hope! Just quietly I'll be holding my breath until I catch the wise words of Margaret Pomeranz and David Stratton on ABC tonight for At The Movies (10.05pm). Honestly though, if they give it one star too I might have to get all Max Payne on their arse.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP