Powered by Blogger.

Home

Movie Mazzupial's 10 best films of 2009

Tuesday, December 29, 2009



Last year when I sat down and tried to write a list of the best films of 2008, after about 20 minutes I threw down my pen in defeat. I concluded I couldn’t do it because, put simply, I hadn’t seen enough films to make the call.



This year I feel I’ve seen enough, read enough and written enough about films from a wide range of sources that I don’t feel as inferior when it comes to throwing together my choices of the best in `09. I even put off posting this list to the second last day of the year so I could cram in as many movie screenings as possible, poor me. Basically the titles on this list went beyond the `wow’ reaction; they freakin’ blew me out of the water and most are now permanently embedded on my favourites list. Drum roll please . . .




10. Milk
9. State Of Play

8. Mary & Max

7. Let The Right One In

6. The Lovely Bones

5. Bright Star

4. Zombieland

3. Moon

2. Nowhere Boy

1. THE BROTHERS BLOOM!



Honourable Mentions . . .




Avatar In The Electric Mist
Coraline

Adventureland

Balibo

Watchmen



Where The Wild Things Are




Black Dynamite
Dorian Gray

Whip It

Star Trek

Inglourious Basterds

Sorority Row
The Education Of Charlie Banks
The Cove

Fighting

9

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP