Powered by Blogger.

Home

Smartag: I Am Wrong Because The Stock Moved Higher?

Thursday, June 23, 2011

From the posting Is Smartag Worth A Bet?:

  • ST said..

    SMARTAG shoots up yesterday. Stop being jealous and stop writing nonsense on SMARTAG!
Ok. Smartag moved higher yesterday. So I am wrong because the stock moved higher.

But the jealousy part? The nonsense part?

Err... sorry if I am stupid but I just don't get it.

When I wrote the posting, Is Smartag Worth A Bet?, Smartag was looking like this.


Hmm.... if you take the effort to look at it, at the time of the posting - yesterday morning (started writing at 9.04am) , Smartag was trading at its lowest ever since listing, at 28 sen. So what's there to be jealous about?

Could I be jealous that Smartag is trading at its lowest ever?

If that's a good reason to be jealous, heck I am guilty .... forever. Lock me up dude/dudess!

And so I am writing nonsense. Ok, I will not use the meaning of blog reasoning and neither will I use the fact that I have stated out clearly that I am nobody's friendly investment advisor (heck, maybe I am just plain jealous and unfriendly!) but let's be a bit mature about it.

I have stated out many times that I do welcome all criticism. Yes, if I have the guts to write it out, then I should be more prepared to take all sarcasm and criticism openly.

Meaning to say, if you think what I wrote was all nonsense in the posting Is Smartag Worth A Bet?, I openly invite you to give me the exact reasoning why and what that I wrote was non agreeable - hence a nonsense to you. Seriously? That's an open invitation and I do hope you take what I am writing here with good faith.

So the stock moved up. I am wrong because of that?

Now in the posting ACE Market: Same Old, Same Old Issue, I highlighted the charts of the six newly listed ACE stocks.

Now I am not sure if you are aware but the main culprits, the stocks that were giving the ACE IPO stocks a bad name moved up strongly. Yes, have you considered the fact that perhaps there's a chance that Smartag moved up and rebounded strongly because of this issue?

The badest of these newly listed ACE stocks was of course XOX.

And how did XOX do yesterday? It surged 8.5 sen or 24.29% yesterday.


And its side kick IJacobs soared 12% or up 3 sen too!


Smartag was up a nice 2 sen or 7.14%.


And that Mclean was up 1 sen or 4%.


I am leaving out MPay ( up 1 sen or 6% ) and BoilerM (unchanged) .

But how? Look at those 4 charts of XOX, IJacobs, Smartag and Mclean. These were all newly listed ACE stocks and they all traded below their IPO prices and with a very similar looking charts, they all moved up yesterday.

How?

Is there not a chance that these stocks moved in tandem via association (newly listed ACE stocks trading below IPO pricing) ?

Ah... that's my interpretation.

And I openly say now that I could be wrong about it.

But that's my flawed opinion and I stick to it.

So let's talk about the writing nonsense part. ( Aiyoh - I leave out the jealous part lah. Pointless lah. But if you think I am jealous, so be it. That's your right of opinion lah )

I hope you would indulge in me for a couple of moments longer. Thanks.

Now here is Smartag public info.



Smartag have some 227,000,000 shares.

Ok. let's look at some facts.

On 13th April 2011, Smartag reported 2 set of quarterly earnings.

  1. Q1 -  Quarterly rpt on consolidated results for the financial period ended 31/12/2010
  2. Q2 - Quarterly rpt on consolidated results for the financial period ended 31/3/2011
Q1 - a loss of 386 thousand

Q2 - made 653 thousand.
Current ytd earnings - 267 thousand!
Now the current half year earnings from Smartag is only 267 thousand, my friend.

Smartag have 227 million shares, which means the current half year eps is only 0.16 sen. 0.16 sen only.

Want to calculate the possible PER?

KN 'forecasted' Smartag could be earning some 10.4 million for this current fiscal year and KN is basing it's target price on this year's earnings.

The table again.



Now this is all facts. Not nonsense. I am not twisting anything but merely highlighting this fact.

If you disagree so far, let me know.

Ok.. past earnings does not represent the stock price. Stock price are all based on its future potential. Do you agree? Or is this nonsense too?

And everyone who follows the stock market, knows Smartag potential is in their RFID solution. And Smartag was indeed mentioned to be part of the ETP project.

Yes. That's a fact.

But it's also a fact, that currently, this is still a MOU only and that according to Smartag own announcement, this MOU is terminatable by both parties.

And currently "Smartag, together with the Royal Malaysian Customs Department, will undertake a trial run of the RFID system at the latter's checkpoints from June 1."

This is the trial run. Smartag as per their own announcement will bear all costs for the trial runs.

Any twisting of facts so far?

And according to the Chairman, let me requote that BTimes report "KUALA LUMPUR: Smartag Solutions Bhd stands to make a minimum RM70 million a year once its Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) solution to track container movements is made compulsory. "

So what do we have?

Once the RFID solution is made compulsory, Smartag stands to make a minimum of 70 million.

And so that's the potential, yes?

Agree?

Oh dearie me, I hope I am not writing any nonsense so far.

So the potential of Smartag all hinges on one statement from Smartag's chairman, which is Smartag stands to make 70 million a year if the RFID solution is passed and made compulsory.

Now let's do some simple maths.

Let's do some very basic understanding of what kind of potential we are talking about here.

Let's see.. Smartag have 227 million shares. An earnings of 70 million per year would equates to an eps of 30.8 sen!

And eps of 30.8 sen!

Which means Smartag based on a 9x PE ( 9x PE too low? Maybe. But right or wrong, I use 9x to follow KN's valuation method) , Smartag should be worth at least 2.77.

Do you agree so far that potentially Smartag could be worth some 2.77 if the Smartag's Chairman estimate holds true?

Mind you, that Chairman stressed clearly 'a minimum of 70 million'.

Now if this holds true, then the logical and sensible focus should be on Smartag's disposal of shares recently!

Yes?

Or am I writing nonsense because I am highlighting this fact?

Think about it. "On the 19th April, Smartag was announced that it will be getting a slice of the ETP projects. On the 9th May, the CEO shows his confidence in his own company by selling 6,800,000 shares? Average price of disposal was 35.2sen."

And on 20 June 2011, The wife's company also sold shares. Some 4,250,000 were disposed at a price of 32 sen.

How?

Isn't there the disconnect?

Chairman says a potential minimum of 70 million per year. This equals to an eps of 30.8 sen. So why did the CEO himself dumped some 6,800,000 shares at 35.2 sen. Wife's company dumped it for 32 sen.

Now is this not a serious issue to consider?


I could be wrong but I reckon this issue should be carefully examined.

Why? Because we are not talking about small change, yes? Potentially, based on a simple 9x PE and based on Chairman's 70 million estimate, Smartag should be easily worth some 2.77. Why did the CEO and his wife think otherwise?

Think about it..... that's all I would say.

And yeah.... Smartag is up again. It currently last traded at 0.305.

Oooopsy daisy me... I must be wrong again...and I am also jealous...... since I am writing ... err... nonsense again.

ST, no matter what, good luck lah. But again.. if you could afford your precious time, do share with me, why you consider what I wrote on Smartag as nonsense.

ps: ST, if you really believe that Smartag RFID solution could bring a potential earnings of 70 million per year, seriously, just buy all of Smartag. Yes, buy it all the way. Sapu everything! 50 sen, 60 sen, 70 sen, 80 sen, 90 sen.... just buy! Why? At 70 million per year, Smartag should be worth easily above 2.70 lah. Ok ma?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP