Powered by Blogger.

Home

Awesomeness comes from Mars

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I HAVE JUST HEARD POSSIBLY THE BEST NEWS EVER!

Forget a vaccine for cervical cancer, the news I just heard is 1,000 times better! In fact, I'm 8,000 times more excited than when I first heard Twilight was being adapted in to a movie. Alright, prepare yourselves . . .


A VERONICA MARS MOVIE IS ON THE WAY!





Above: The cast of Veronica Mars



That's right, my second favourite show OF ALL TIME is coming to the big screen and I'm about to spontaneously self-combust in excitement. Besides Buffy The Vampire Slayer there's no other television series I have come to love more than this noir action drama based around the life of amateur sleuth Veronica Mars. The television series was first created in 2004 by Rob Thomas (NOT the douche from Matchbox 20, they just happen to have the same name) and starred the delightful Kristen Bell as Veronica. The first season fellows her as she tries to solve the murder of her best friend Lily Kane as well as working part time at her fathers private detective agency and solving mysteries for her class mates. The show was a critical hit with everyone from Stephen King and Buffy creator Joss Whedon publically applauding the inventiveness and sheer brilliance of the show. Although Veronica Mars consistently came last in its prime time slot (against shows like Desperate Housewives etc) it gained a huge cult following which saw it in to a second series. The second series followed Veronica in her senior year as she tried to solve the mystery of a tragic bus accident which killed several classmates. A third season was moved to a later time slot and followed Veronica and friends at college. A few episodes out from the season three finale the show was canceled and fans were in uproar at how Veronica Mars was cut to an abrupt end without resolving some of the major storylines. Petitions were written, protests were held and nothing was achieved except Thomas making a season four pilot where Veronica was working at the FBI. The pilot had a huge response but the show was not refinanced for another season. The actors and executives went on to other projects. Kristen Bell went on to star in Heroes and films such as Pulse, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Fan Boys. Amanda Seyfried went on to star in Big Love and scored the major role in Mammia Mia. The other actors pursued various projects and Rob Thomas concentrated his efforts on other tv series and films. There was always talk of a Veronica Mars film which would tie up loose ends from the series but the major players were always too busy.




NOW THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!


In an interview with If Magazine Rob Thomas confirmed that he is currently writing the Veronica Mars movie and that he considers it his next project. He went on to say:


"But my writing the movie is half the battle. Someone else has to pay for it. Joel Silver (producer) does have a certain pile of money. He called on me saying 'Can we do this now?' Kristen [Bell] wants to do it. Joel wants to do it and I want to do it. For me, that's the next project."


On the storyline, the 43-year-old confessed that he's been struggling to figure out one crucial point on the plot

"...it's 70 percent broken in my head. I've been struggling with this one plot point and I'm hopeful to figure that out. I watched the final episode of the series a few weeks ago and there were a lot of gaps and the plotting for the original came to me. I mean for the movie, I'm feeling like I'm on the right track now. But I don't want to give that away yet. The one thing that I will say is where it will pick up. I know we did that F.B.I. 'what if' thing, but we would not go to that place. I think it would open just days before the Hearst College Graduation. So Veronica would be sort of at the end of her college career."

How excitement!!!!!!! Ahhhh I can't wait to see all my favourite characters back! Particularly Dick, Wallace, Weevil, Logan, Keith, Mac, Piz, Parker and who knows? Maybe Duncan will have a cameo! I seriously can't wait! Stay tuned for every tiny Veronica Mars movie update because I will be all over it like white on rice.


Above: Kristen Bell as Veronica Mars

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP