Powered by Blogger.

Home

And so, Oscar season begins . . .

Sunday, May 17, 2009

As a lover of all things kitsch and movie related, it’s only right that I bring a neat little discovery to your attention. With possibly the best movie title ever comes this straight-to-DVD release Mega Shark Vs Giant Octopus. No, you didn’t mistake me, that IS the actual movie title (plucked straight from the dreams of a 15-year-old boy). The plot, and I use the term loosely, evolves around two enormous, prehistoric sea creatures terrorising the Californian coast as they battle for supremacy of the ocean. Watch the giggle-inducing trailer here. I repeat, you must watch the trailer – it’s hilarious! Not only does Mega Shark Vs Giant Octopus feature some of the worst special effects seen on screen since Will Smith’s I Am Legend, it also appears to house an ensemble cast full of brilliantly bad actors. The film comes from esteemed director Jack Perez who also brought as such superbly titled films as America’s Deadliest Home Video, Monster Island, The Big Empty, The Greatest Show You Never Saw and my personal favourite 666: The Child. Could this film be so bad it’s good? No way. Odds are it’s as bad as it looks and then some. Oh, did I mention the scene at the end of the trailer? No? Well, some pleb casually looks out the window of a plane to see a MEGA FUCKING SHARK jumping up to eat the plane whole! Bahahahahaha!Above: This is the legitimate movie poster. Even I couldn't make one this good.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP