Powered by Blogger.

Home

Aus Idol Stan Walker set for the big screen?

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fans of Australian Idol prepare to throw your panties, because today I interview Stan Walker (above) aka last year’s winner and “teen heart throb”. Not a huge fan of the show myself, Stan had a huge following in my office last year from staff members who were getting behind the local lad.

With his token Aus Idol album released long ago, the 19-year-old has been busy working on his follow-up which is mainly composed of songs he has written. He has been in town recently to promote the first single Unbroken off the new album, From The Inside Out, which will be released in July. The single was written and produced by Ryan Tedder, of One Republic, who was behind Beyonce's hit Halo and worked with another Idol contestant, Adam Lambert on his album. Turns out Walker is quite the fan of Beyonce and says “she can be my wife, I love her.”

Righto. Walker has also just returned from a trip to earthquake-ravaged Haiti where he was an ambassador for raising awareness about the situation there and helping rebuild. The singer was flown over by Christian charity group Compassion and says the experience was "more than you can imagine''.

Apart from talking about his charity work and the new album, Walker also revealed he has plans to dip his toe in the acting pool in the near future.
"I’d love to do some movies." he says.
"I’d love to do a comedy, and I’d love to do a real serious drama as well.
"Like people say `when I get in the zone, I get in the zone’ (laughs).
"Hardcore method acting."

More interesting to me was his list of favourite movies:

"My favourite, my main favourite is The Lion King. I have to say my second has always been Charlie’s Angels. I don’t know why, it was always my…and the Captain Hook one with Robin Williams, Hook. And Three Ninjas too. And Titanic, I love the romantic ones. I could be a be a plus-sized Leo, being skinny is overrated. "

So there you have it, polite and into The Lion King. Start lining-up ladies.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP