Powered by Blogger.

Home

Suzanne Shaw looks right at home in the Woolpack as she makes her debut on Emmerdale

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

By Daily Mail Reporter

Fancy a pint? Suzanne poses on set in the Woolpack pub as she prepares to make her debut on ITV soap Emmerdale next week


She's come a long way since her days as a pop star - all the way to the Yorkshire Dales, to be exact.

Former Hear'Say star Suzanne Shaw is set to make her debut on soap opera Emmerdale at the beginning of next month.

And yesterday she gave her fans a sneak preview

Suzanne, 28, will make her debut on Britain's third most popular soap on April 2 when she takes on the role as feisty and flirty Eve Birch, the granddaughter of battle-axe Edna, who will ruffle some feathers in the village as she unleashes her charms.

And Suzanne can't wait for her new challenge.

Speaking to Look magazine as she unveiled a sexy brunette look, she said: 'Walking into the village when it's something you've grown up watching is really strange.'


Welcome to my new world: Suzanne stands by the famous Emmerdale village sign

Come on in: Suzanne stands outside the Woolpack pub as she prepares to join the soap


'My character is outrageous with guys. She's the one who chats them up, so it's fun to play her.'

In joining the soap Suzanne is following in the footsteps of former Hear'Say bandmate Kym Marsh, now a Coronation Street star.

The 28-year-old says she thinks she looks better now than in her pop star days - when she looked 'awful'.

But even after slimming down from a size 14 to a size 8, 5ft 2in Suzanne still has body issues.


Rock on! Suzanne larks about with fellow cast mate and former Hollyoaks star James Sutton


'I'm meant to be sexy and attractive, and everyone on the show is tiny,' she told Look magazine. 'Seriously, I've got three weeks to get into hotpants on set.'

The 2008 Dancing On Ice winner says she will always want to work on her body.
'I'm never secure about it. I don't believe any woman is,' she said


Soap star: Suzanne Shaw prepares for her Emmerdale debut


'Last Christmas I ate so much that my boobs trebled in size and someone asked if I was pregnant. I've done the same again this year - and I need to lose a stone.'

But she doesn't want to lose too much weight.

'I like to have curves - things still have to wobble,' she said


Man eater: Her character Eve Birch will ruffle some feathers in the village as she unleashes her charms


Suzanne is mother to five-year-old Corey with former boyfriend Darren Day.
Last year she married DJ Jason King, but says her past experiences have had an effect on her ability to trust.

'I do hope me and Jason will be together forever, but you don't know. I don't think you can ever say forever.

'I still have my barriers up, because I'm a mother and I have to protect myself. I have to be strong for Corey.'


Never secure: But Suzanne doesn't want to lose all her curves

source: dailymail

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP