Powered by Blogger.

Home

Book, line and sinker

Thursday, December 30, 2010

My New Year’s resolution for 2010 was to read more books and since I graduated uni, there was simply no reason to feel guilty reading a book for leisure when I should be reading a textbook. I also joined a book club where we don't exactly have a set book each month, but rather we share whatever we have read with the group and swap books. So I kept track of the titles and decided to post the list come year’s end, for better or worse. With my resolution still undecided for next year, here’s the list of titles I read this year, with stars next to the ones I re-read because they were just so darn enjoyable. In no particular order:

1st To Die-James Patterson

2nd Chance James Patterson

Swimsuit-James Patterson

If I’m Missing Or Dead-Janine Latus

World War Z-Max Brooks

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo-Stieg Larsson

The Girl Who Played With Fire-Stieg Larsson

The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest -Stieg Larsson

Dead Until Dark-Charlene Harris*

Living Dead In Dallas-Charlene Harris*

Club Dead-Charlene Harris*

Dead To The World-Charlene Harris*

Definitely Dead-Charlene Harris*

All Together Dead-Charlene Harris*

From Dead To Worse-Charlene Harris*

Dead And Gone-Charlene Harris*

Dead In The Family-Charlene Harris

Kick Ass-John Romita Jr and Mark Millar

Scott Pilgrim Vol 1 – 6 – Brian Lee O’Malley

Australian Tragic-Jack Marx

Wuthering Heights-Emily Bronte

Black Widow – Grayson, Jones, Rucka, Hampton

New Moon-Stephenie Meyer*

Scalped-Jason Aaron, R.M Guera

Tomorrow, When The War Began-John Marsden*

Dead Of Night-John Marsden*

The Third Day The Frost-John Marsden*

Darkness Be My Friend-John Marsden*

The Night Is For Hunting-John Marsden*

Burning For Revenge-John Marsden*

The Other Side Of Dawn-John Marsden*

The Ellie Chronicles: While I Live-John Marsden*

The Ellie Chronicles: Incurable-John Marsden*

The Ellie Chronicles: Circle Of Flight-John Marsden

A Touch Of Dead -Charlene Harris

The Complete Animation Course – Chris Patmore

Showgirls, Teen Wolves and Astro Zombies: My Year Long Quest to Find and Watch The Worst Movie Ever Made – Michael Adams

Vampire Academy-Richelle Mead*

Frostbite-Richelle Mead*

Shadow Kiss-Richelle Mead*

Blood Promise-Richelle Mead

Spirit Bound-Richelle Mead

Blood Sacrifice -Richelle Mead

Marvel Encyclopaedia-Various

The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner-Stephenie Meyer

London’s Strangest Tales-Various

Grave Secret-Charlene Harris

The Strain-Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan

The Fall (The Strain Pt II)-Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan

Nobody’s Perfect: Writing’s From The New Yorker-Anthony Lane*

The Hunger Games-Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire-Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay-Suzanne Collins

Fallen-Lauren Kate

Succubus Blues-Richelle Mead

Love All The People-Bill Hicks

So there you have it. It's 54 books all up . . .well, I think, because I keep trying to recount it and then I get bored. Pretty much one a week and next year I'm going to be keeping a list again, which I will update monthly. I plan on trying to get through a bit more literature. I got a Borders voucher from my family for Christmas and already have a handy list to start off with come tomorrow, in no particular order: 1984 - George Orwell, The Scarecrow - Michael Connelly, Lonely Werewolf Girl - Martin Millar, The Bone Collector - Jeffrey Deaver, Torment - Lauren Kate. And from the lovely ladies at book club: the whole Chronicles Of Narnia series and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Seth Grahame-Smith.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP