Powered by Blogger.

Home

A bone to pick . . .

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I said I’d keep you updated on the filming of The Lovely Bones but unfortunately since my last post there hasn’t been much to report. The only recent snippet from the Peter Jackson camp was shooting has been progressing ahead of schedule. THIS JUST IN! Clearly enough of the movie has been filmed to throw together a trailer and the press in London were treated to an exclusive screening last week. A contributor from online movie and video games bible Ain’t It Cool News had this to say:
“Finally we got to see the trailer for lovely bones – have not read the book myself but my girlfriend ensures me that from the footage I described the film should be a massive hit. Trailer is very upsetting but in my mind give away WAY too much of the plot.”
Hmmm. . . well the subject of the entire book is quite upsetting so I’ll overlook that comment. I mean, honestly, a novel about a 14-year-old girl who is raped and murdered isn’t exactly going to draw fans from the The Devil Wears Prada and Memoirs of a Geisha crowd. Frankly, if the film wasn’t upsetting then I’d be calling Jackson a sell out for steering away from Alice Sebold’s original material. I hope not too much of the plot is revealed because although audiences will want to know in detail what the movie is about (in 2 to 3 minutes mind you) they still need to want to know more to go and see it.

I just hope they post the trailer on YouTube soon.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP