Powered by Blogger.

Home

It's a girl! Denise Van Outen reveals the sex of her baby and says she can't wait to be a mum

Monday, January 25, 2010

It's a girl: Denise Van Outen and her actor husband Lee Mead are expecting a daughter


Denise Van Outen has revealed that she and husband Lee Mead are expecting a baby girl.

The TV presenter said finding out the sex of their baby made the pregnancy finally seem real and got them excited about things they will be able to do with their daughter.

Speaking exclusively to Hello! magazine, Denise, 35, who said: 'I feel really content. I think finding that out (the sex) has been the most euphoric, emotional part of the pregnancy, because it made it feel real. We didn’t have a preference, we just want the baby to be healthy.

'But it means that we’re getting excited about the things that we’re going to do, like, "Oh, I’ll be able to take her out and buy her a fairy costume!"'

And she said she and Lee have already decided on a 'quite traditional' name for their daughter but they won't say reveal it until she is born in the spring.

She said: 'At the moment she’s codenamed Teapot. I asked my friend’s little girl what she thought we should call our baby and she said, "Teapot".'

Denise and Lee, 28, met during the BBC1 talent show Any Dream Will Do in 2007 on which Denise was a judge and Lee a contestant and he eventually went on to win the series.

And she said she knew right away that he 'had all the qualities that would make a good father'.

She added: 'I think he’ll be a bit of a softie with her, as that’s often the way with girls and their dads. My main thing is I want her to have a really good education. I feel really strongly that it’s the most valuable thing in life.

'I feel so lucky to have a husband like him because he’s really understanding and patient. He surprises me with little things. He’s very romantic, like he came home and said, "I’ve booked you a pregnancy massage".


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP