Powered by Blogger.

Home

Posing in suspenders and high heels, Bond girl Gemma Arterton insists...'I look really average'

Sunday, February 28, 2010

By James Tapper

'Not hot enough': But Gemma Arterton has no qualms about posing in her underwear for GQ magazine


She won an army of male admirers when she played Strawberry Fields in the hit 007 film Quantum Of Solace. But Gemma Arterton thinks she was ‘not hot enough’ to play a Bond girl and that she is ‘really average’.

Her fans may disagree – and these pictures of her posing in stockings, stilettos and a coat for the latest edition of GQ magazine make her look anything but plain.

The outfit is reminiscent of her chase scene through the streets of Panama with Bond actor Daniel Craig, when she wore nothing except a mac and boots.

But, in an interview with GQ magazine, she said: ‘In comparison to many actresses I think I’m really average. When I got the Bond film there was this big hoo-ha about me not being hot enough. I have to say, I agree. I don’t think I’m in that realm.’


She compared herself to fellow Bond girl Olga Kurylenko, who also starred in Quantum Of Solace.

‘There are some really beautiful actresses, like Olga Kurylenko, who find it difficult,’ she said.

‘It’s frustrating for her but she’s so beautiful that it’s like someone having a massive nose: you are going to take that into consideration when you’re casting her. Whereas I can change my look.’

Miss Arterton’s claim to have ordinary looks is not shared by the film industry’s casting directors.

She has starred as saucy schoolgirl Kelly in the two recent St Trinian’s movies. She also played a groupie called Desiree in The Boat That Rocked, about a pirate radio station broadcasting from the North Sea, where scenes involved distracting the DJs on ‘Sexual Saturdays’.

And she appeared as what she described as ‘totty’ in Guy Ritchie’s last movie, RocknRolla.


Bond beauty: Gemma in a steamy scene with Daniel Craig from Quantum of Solace


Miss Arterton admitted: ‘I hope people don’t see me just as a Bond girl. I hope they’ll soon see my [other] work and think differently.’

She has a major role in the forthcoming Hollywood blockbuster Prince Of Persia, based on the popular computer game series, where she plays Princess Tamina alongside leading man Jake Gyllenhaal.

She also has a leading role in a critically acclaimed low-budget British film, The Disappearance Of Alice Creed, as a kidnap victim who spends much of the time on screen either handcuffed or tied to a bed.

* The April issue of GQ is on sale from Thursday.



source: dailymail

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP